Monday, April 5, 2010

wedding || twelve

*Comments are encourage pleaseeeeee. I want to know what you guys think:)*

Brooks was really messing with my head. Sometimes I just wish I could read his mind, find out what makes him tick, and say shit like that. He could have given me a heart attack.

We were leaving for Saskatchewan tomorrow, the wedding was in two days, Jess was under a lot of stress trying to make this perfect. Teri wasn’t helping that much, which really pissed me off. Getting myself there to help Jess out was my only concern right now, I know how she gets when she’s stressed.

“Jess, you need to relax” I said into the phone while I placed a pair of jeans in my bag.

“Can she not help even a little” she snapped.

“Jess, it’s Teri, when does she ever help us out? Plus she’s the baby, she’s not expected to do anything”

“I’ll be glad when you get here” she sighed.

I just laughed, “I better finish packing, plane lands at 3, we’ll meet you at the airport?”

“Alright, see you then”

Friday finally arrived and the plane ride was brutal. I hated planes. I think I might have grabbed onto Brooks for dear life one too many times, with the slightest bit of turbulence. It was bad.

We finally landed and I breathed a sigh of relief while Brooks just laughed at me.

“You know I hate planes” I huffed.

“Oh I know, but it’s entertaining to watch” he replied.

I just punched him in the arm and he winced in pain, “you know it’s my right hook that’s killer right?” I said balling my right hand into a fist.

“I know” he said putting his hands up in defence, “I don’t need to be reminded”

I just laughed and put my hand back down and went for the luggage. We walked out into the lobby and before I could say a word Jess practically tackled me.

“Hey” I laughed, “missed you too”

“I’m so glad you’re here” she sighed.

“How’s Dave doing?” I asked.

“He’s putting up with me” she replied, “I don’t know how he does it”

I just laughed, “We better get going”

We drove to my mother’s house. I haven’t been here since the funeral, it was still a little tough to be in there, but my mother was actually doing really well, which made it easier for me.

All day Jess and I started getting the finishing touches and made sure Teri was here so we could try on dresses. Brooks took Dave out, for the afternoon, to ease his mind.

“Wait, I thought it was at the church?” I asked her as I looked through some of the plans.

“Well it is” she replied, “but to fit all the people we invited, they let us use the field in behind the church”

“Oh, wow, that’s really nice of them”

“It looks beautiful already” she said.

“Well I’m excited”

“Not as excited as I am” she smirked.

I just laughed, “I suppose you‘re right”

We tried on the dresses, which were absolutely gorgeous. They were a pale yellow, cocktail length with an empire waste and a black band around it, and Jess’ dress was just as gorgeous, a classic white (picture at the bottom).

“They’re gorgeous” I said.

“You are really good at this” Teri said.

“Well thank you my lovely sisters” she smiled, “Sarah and Mary still have to come and try them on, but I believe everything is in order”

I just turned to look at her and smiled, “my baby sister is getting married tomorrow”

She paused, “Holy Shit Julie I’m getting married tomorrow!” as if she was just realizing it.

I just laughed and wrapped my arms around her in a hug. I couldn’t believe my little sister, the one I tortured as a kid, was getting married tomorrow. I was happy for her beyond belief.

“I’m so happy for you Jess”

“Thanks Jules”

I just couldn’t help but wonder when the day would come that she would be saying that same thing to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment