Monday, July 5, 2010

stay || fourteen

“Oh…Brooks…” his lips sucked on the sweet spot on my neck and his kisses trailed down my chest and stomach.

His hands were soft as silk over every inch of my body. I couldn’t take it anymore and I grabbed his face, kissing him passionately. I thrusted my hips upward into him, indicating I was ready.

My heart was pounding, my body was covered in sweat as our bodies moved in perfect sync together, I pressed my lips to his one more time before he pulled himself away and fell beside me.

“Julie…Julie!” I opened my eyes and felt Brooks’ hand on my arm. I was not in bed, in fact I was on a plane on my way home to Washington, “you ok?”

I just rubbed my eyes and sat up, “yah, I’m fine” I groaned.

“What were you dreaming about, you seemed pretty happy”

I snapped my head around to look at him, “nothing…important” I said nervously.

He just narrowed his eyes, “what’s going on Jules?”

“Nothing, I promise, I’m just tired”

“Fine” he went back to reading the magazine he had in his hand and I just sighed. I’ve never dreamt about Brooks like that before. I just turned my head and looked at him, he was too into what he was reading. He looked…perfect. I’ve never wanted him more. Also, the dream had a hand in that.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and sighed. He just looked over at me, “you need a place to sleep?”

I just nodded my head. He put his magazine down and shifted and offered his shoulder. I just grabbed my hoodie, balled it up and laid on his shoulder. It was the most comfortable place I have ever slept. Actually, it really wasn’t, but I didn’t really care, cause there was no place else I’d rather be.

I felt someone wake me up and I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at Brooks, “were landing soon” he said.

“Oh” I said quietly sitting up.

“Sleep ok?”

I just nodded, “thank you”

He smoothed down a section of my hair that was sticking out, “anytime” he smiled. I kept eye contact with him for a few seconds. What is going on in that head of his?

I felt us land and I just breathed a sigh of relief. I hated flying with a passion.

When we got back to the house I threw my bags on the floor and laid down on the couch. He lifted my feet up, sat down and rested them on his lap. His fingers traced up and down them, I just sighed and kept my eyes focused on the ceiling.

“Are you seriously ok?” he asked me.

I just looked at him and sighed and shook my head. He knew me too well, I couldn’t hide that something was bothering me, he would eventually figure it out.

“What’s going on?”

“I can figure it out on my own” I said pulling my feet away and sitting up.

“Don’t shut me out” he said quietly, “you never shut me out”

“This time it’s not any of your business” I huffed.

“Jules…you can’t just tell me something’s wrong, and then not tell me what it is”

“I can if I want to” I said crossing my arms over my chest.

He reached over and pulled them apart and just looked at me. I did all I could to overt eye contact, but it was impossible. I just sighed and felt the waterworks coming, I tried to hold them back, but a stray tear did fall.

His thumb immediately came up and wiped it away, “please just tell me what’s wrong”

“I don’t think I can stay here anymore…”

He narrowed his eyes and then cocked his head to the side, “What? Why?”

I needed a quick excuse, “because of Teri, she’s here, and when I’m here it’s just awkward, I think it’s better that I find my own place here instead…”

“Julie, you’re not making any sense”

Even I knew that, but what else was I supposed to say? I love you? That wouldn’t fly with Brooks, he’d just end up leaving, I know him. I needed to be away from him, it was the only way to get over this.

“Just let me do this…”

“I don’t understand you sometimes”

I just smirked, “that’s okay”

“Please just stay” he whispered.

“I can’t”

“Yes…you can”

He was stubborn sometimes. There wasn’t much I could do to convince him that this had to be done without revealing how I felt about him. Plus, he loved Teri, he said so himself. I wasn’t going to be one to get in the way of that, especially since it was my sister.

3 comments:

Creeper44 said...

Oh Update soon please! :)

Anonymous said...

Love this story! Update soon and hopefully Julie and Brooks gets together!

Anonymous said...

So i just found this story and I love it. Please update!!! i'm a HUGE caps fan and i can never find anything so this is great!

Post a Comment